01 Dec 2021
World Migration Report 2022
Since 2000, IOM has been producing its flagship world migration reports every two years. The World Migration Report 2022, the eleventh in the world migration report series, has been produced to contribute to increased understanding of migration and mobility throughout the world. This new edition presents key data and information on migration as well as thematic chapters on highly topical migration issues, and is structured to focus on two key contributions for readers:
- Part I: key information on migration and migrants (including migration-related statistics); and
- Part II: balanced, evidence-based analysis of complex and emerging migration issues.
This flagship World Migration Report has been produced in line with IOM’s Environment Policy and is available online only. Printed hard copies have not been made in order to reduce paper, printing and transportation impacts.
The World Migration Report 2022 interactive page is also available here.
- Editorial, review and production team
- List of figures and tables
- List of appendices
- Part I: Key data and information on migration and migrants
- Part II: Complex and emerging migration issues
- Chapter 5 – The Great Disrupter: COVID-19’s impact on migration, mobility and migrants globally
- Chapter 6 – Peace and security as drivers of stability, development and safe migration
- Chapter 7 – International Migration as a stepladder of opportunity: What do the global data actually show?
- Chapter 8 – Disinformation about migration: an age-old issue with new tech dimensions
- Chapter 9 – Migration and the slow-onset impacts of climate change: Taking stock and taking action
- Chapter 10 – Human trafficking in migration pathways: trends, challenges and new forms of cooperation
- Chapter 11 – Artificial Intelligence, migration and mobility: implications for policy and practice
- Chapter 12 – Reflections on migrants’ contributions in an era of increasing disruption and disinformation