Guide to Selected EU Legal and Policy Instruments on Migration 2008 (Armenian)
This compilation summarises the most relevant EU acquis documents relating to migration. It provides an overview of the relevant legislation and policy developments.
The EU acquis concerning the short-term entry and admission and departure of third-country nationals is determined to a large extent by the Schengen acquis, which was incorporated into the European Union framework by a protocol attached to the Treaty of Amsterdam.
* The Armenian translation was done with the EU funding, by the Armenia – European Policy and Legal Advice Centre.
- A. Entry & Admission
- I. General Entry Conditions
- II. Travel Documents
- III. Refusal of Entry
- IV. Entry of Minors
- V. Entry for Specific Purposes
- VI. Border Checks
- B. Stay & Residence
- I. Residence Permits and Residence Status
- II. Family Reunification
- III. Non-Discrimination and Integration
- C. Expulsion, Voluntary Return & Readmission
- I. Expulsion
- II. Travel Documents for the Purpose of Expulsion
- III. Voluntary Return
- IV. Readmission
- D. Irregular Migration
- I. Measures to combat Irregular Migration
- II. Penal Framework for the Combating of Irregular Migration
- III. Illegal Employment
- IV. Marriages and Adoptions of Convenience
- E. Trafficking
- I. Penal Framework for the Combating and Prevention of Trafficking in Human Beings
- II. Assistance and Protection of Victims of Trafficking
- F. Migration Statistics & Data Protection
- I. Data Collection & Exchange
- II. Migration Statistics
- III. Data Protection
This publication has been issued without formal editing by the Publications Unit of IOM.