14 Oct 2022
Regional Knowledge Management Strategy and Action Plan 2022–2027 of IOM in South America
The Regional Office of IOM in South America has undertaken a number of initiatives to improve knowledge management at the regional level based on the Regional Strategy for South America 2020–2024. Knowledge management has been identified as a cross-cutting priority, not only due to the wealth of expertise and information available, but also due to the need to systematize it in projects and host it on a single platform that enables quick access. This way, knowledge management can be used as a high-quality resource by staff in the region and to assist governments in public policymaking and good migration governance in the region.
Therefore this document outlines the Regional Knowledge Management Strategy and its Action Plan for 2022 and 2023, but also beyond until 2027. The objective of the regional strategy is to make IOM in South America a reference and leader on migration to ensure actions benefit all migrants. This will be achieved by creating a culture of learning and sharing to build on the vast migration expertise that IOM has in the region.
- Executive Summary
- What is Knowledge Management? And how does it flow?
- Context and current situation
- Strategy and operational actions for 2022 (short and medium term)
- Strategy and operational actions for 2023 (short and medium term)
- Strategy and operational actions for 2024–2027 (long term)
- Action Plan 2022 – flowchart and initial timeline