15 Jun 2021
Pilot mapping and profiling of the Mauritian diaspora in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom: Stories of belonging, impact and opportunity
The Government of Mauritius recognizes the added value, valuable role and potential of its diaspora to contribute to the socio-economic development of the country and aims to mobilize, leverage and harness the diaspora’s intellectual, cultural and social potential, capital and skills.
The pilot mapping and profiling of the Mauritian diaspora aims to better understand the profile, size, skills, expertise and aspirations of the Mauritians living in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom, and proposes recommendations to engage the Mauritian Diaspora.
Through this report the International Organization for Migration aims to support the Government of Mauritius in identifying the factors that are necessary to successfully engage its diaspora in the development of their home country. This pilot mapping and profiling of the Mauritian diaspora was commissioned by the International Organization for Migration, and was conducted by Dr. Martin Russell and Mrs. Emira Ajeti.
- Acronyms and abbrevations
- Mauritian diaspora engagement: A historiographical snapshot
- Mapping the Mauritian diaspora in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom
- Situational analysis of Mauritian engagement: institutional and gaps analysis
- Recommendations: designing a diaspora engagement framework for Mauritius