02 Oct 2015
Migration Policy Practice (Volume II, Number 5, October-November 2012)
Migration Policy Practice is a bimonthly journal published jointly by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and Eurasylum Ltd. It only contributes articles from, and is overseen by, senior officials in Government, EU and international organizations, as well as civil society worldwide, working in the field of migration policy.
This issue of MPP includes eight articles (in English, French and Spanish) written mostly by participants in the International Dialogue on Migration (IDM) 2012, which focused on “Managing migration in crisis situations”. The IDM was established by IOM Member States in 2001 in order to provide a forum for the exchange of views and experiences and to promote regional and global debate and dialogue on migration.
Participants in IDM 2012 who contributed to this issue of MPP include senior representatives of the US Department of State, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chad, the Colombian Government, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Republic of Korea, and the National Immigration Council of Brazil.
This issue of MPP also includes two articles by Roger Zetter, on changing trends in and new responses to forced migration; and Joke Reijven and Joris van Wijk, on dealing with the consequences of article 1F of the UN Refugee Convention.
Should you wish to contribute an article for a future issue of this journal, please contact Solon Ardittis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Frank Laczko (email@example.com).
- Introduction by Solon Ardittis and Frank Laczko
- The International Dialogue on Migration 2012: Managing migration in crisis situations by Karoline Popp
- Forced migration – changing trends, new responses by Roger Zetter
- Managing migration in crisis situations: reflections and experiences on U.S. humanitarian assistance and migration response by Catherine Wiesner, James Bean and Jessica Warden Yutacom
- La política de migraciones brasileña y la migración haitiana a Brasil by Paulo Sérgio de Almeida
- Protecting and assisting citizens abroad: South Korea’s policy landscape by Lee Young-ho
- Les enseignements à tirer de la gestion de la crise libyenne par la République du Tchad by Mahamat Dago
- Atención y reparación integral a las víctimas del desplazamiento forzado en Colombia by Paula Gaviria Betancur
- Dealing with the consequences of article 1F of the Refugee Convention in the Netherlands: A crisis for migration policymakers and excluded asylum claimants alike? by Joke Reijven and Joris van Wijk