01 Oct 2015
Labour Migration in Armenia: Existing trends and policy options. Report on Needs Assessment of Labour Migration Management in Armenia (Armenian)
This report studies the management of labour migration (both immigration and emigration) in Armenia and suggests solutions for regulating various aspects of labour migration, such as protection of migrant worker's rights and interests, labour market trends and strategies, facilitated arrangements for labour migration, the development impact of migration, among others. The Needs Assessment was initiated at the request of the Armenian Government and conducted by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in close coordination with Armenian bodies involved in migration management. It is expected to be followed by the development of detailed policies and regulations on the management of labour migration.
The Report's recommendations suggest solutions for the implementation of Armenia's newly-adopted national strategy on migration management. The recommendations of the Report were used to draft policy and legislation in Armenia to regulate labour migration.
The Labour Migration Management Needs Assessment was conducted within the framework of the “Technical assistance to the Armenian Government to initiate labour migration arrangements” project funded by the IOM Development Fund.
- List of acronyms
- I. Labour immigration in Armenia: Existing trends and policy options
- A. Labour market trends and the question of shortages in the national labour market: The need for reliable data
- B. Labour migration policy: Towards the regulation of labour immigration in Armenia
- II. Emigration of Armenian workers: Existing trends and policy options
- A. Emigration trends and human rights of Armenian migrant workers
- B. Emigration policy: The need for a comprehensive approach to the emigration of Armenian workers
- Conclusion and Recommendations
This publication has been issued without formal editing by the Publications Unit of IOM.