IOM Outlook on Migration, Environment and Climate Change
IOM Outlook on Migration, Environment and Climate Change aims to bring together in one easy-to-access reference document the knowledge accrued by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and to present IOM’s role, understanding and approach to environmental migration.
This reference publication builds on IOM’s expertise on the topic at the policy, research, international migration law, advocacy and operational levels.
IOM Outlook on Migration, Environment and Climate Change:
- Takes stock of IOM’s action and institutional approach on the topic;
- Gives visibility to the work of the Organization on the topic and serves as a knowledge-sharing tool for this work; and
- Provides insights into the state of the knowledge, legal debates, and links between environmental migration and other policy areas such as adaptation, development, humanitarian response, human rights, disaster risk reduction and security.
The publication targets a broad external audience, including but not limited to policymakers, practitioners, researchers, international agencies, private sector, donors, students and think tanks.
- List of acronyms
- IOM advocacy points
- Brief 1: IOM's Approach to Migration, Environment and Climate Change
- Brief 2: IOM Institutional Engagement on Migration, Environment and Climate Change
- Brief 3: Terminology on Migration, Environment and Climate Change
- Brief 4: Legal Frameworks and Challenges
- Brief 5: State of Knowledge on Migration, Environment and Climate Change
- Brief 6: Policy Coherence
- Brief 7: Environmental Migration and Migration Policy
- Brief 8: Environmental Migration and Climate Change Adaptation Policy
- Brief 9: Environmental Migration and Development Policy
- Brief 10: Environmental Migration and Disaster Risk Reduction Policy
- Brief 11: Environmental Migration and Humanitarian Policy
- Brief 12: Environmental Migration and Security Policy
- Brief 13: A Gender Approach to Environmental Migration
- Brief 14: IOM Operational Responses to Environmental Migration and Displacement