22 Sep 2021
Business Guidebook: How to Mediate Employment Disputes under Thai Labour Law
The Business Guidebook promotes the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms (ADR) in Thailand, as an effective channel for improving remediation outcomes for all workers, including migrant workers. The Guidebook, explaining the processes for state-based grievance mechanisms and ADR mechanisms under Thai law, and presenting benefits ADR offers to both workers and employers, supports employers of migrant workers in Thailand, especially human resource, compliance, and sustainability staff.
- SECTION I: STATE-BASED GRIEVANCE MECHANISMS IN THAILAND
- STATE-BASED GRIEVANCE MECHANISMS AVAILABLE TO WORKERS IN THAILAND
- PROCESS FLOWS OF STATE-BASED JUDICIAL AND NON-JUDICIAL REMEDIATION CHANNELS
- THE PROCESS BEFORE THE LABOUR INSPECTOR
- SECTION II: ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION MECHANISMS UNDER THAI LAW
- WHAT ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION MECHANISMS ARE AVAILABLE TO EMPLOYERS UNDER THAI LAW?
- THE PROCESS BEFORE THE LABOUR COURT
- SECTION III: BENEFITS OF USING ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION MECHANISMS
- PENALTIES FOR VIOLATING THE LABOUR PROTECTION ACT
- ADVANTAGES OF USING ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION MECHANISMS
- ANNEX: FORMS