04 déc 2015
Small Victories: Ten Stories of Children Who Defeated War
Ernesto McCausland, the well known Colombian journalist and writer, tells the heartbreaking yet inspiring stories of ten young people who belonged to illegal armed groups, but who managed to regain an opportunity to grow up normally.
This book is a tribute to the 4,347 children and teenagers that have benefited form the Special Assistance Program for children and teenagers demobilized from illegal armed groups that has been implemented by the Colombian Family Welfare Institute (ICBF is acronym in Spanish) since 1999. Since 2001, this Program has received the financial support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the technical assistance of the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
This book is the result of work carried out between the ICBF, USAID and the IOM and can be downloaded in Spanish, English and French.
- Presentation by Álvaro Uribe Vélez, President of the Republic of Colombia
- Introduction by Elvira Forero, General Director of the Colombian Family Welfare Institute
- Carmen, When the nightmare is over
- Canario, Actor in a New Struggle
- Marly, When the Soul Heals
- Papo, Nameliss in an Adult War
- Yomaira, A New Life for My Baby Boy
- Omar, From the Promised Land to the Horrors of War
- Leonidas, The Trip that Changed My Life
- Maribel, The Girl Who Saw the Elf
- Byron, A Family Matter
- Dayro, The Baker's Smile