Number of Pages
Date of upload
07 nov 2015
MRS No. 17 - The Development Potential of Zimbabweans in the Diaspora: A Survey of Zimbabweans Living in the UK and South Africa
This report draws on findings from a survey of 1,000 Zimbabweans living in the United Kingdom and South Africa. It examines the education and employment skills base of respondents on arrival in either the United Kingdom or South Africa and their educational qualifications and employment at the time of the survey.
Transnational activities are explored, including the sending of economic and other remittances. There is a great deal of interest in participating in skills exchanges to Zimbabwe and/or to contributing to development-related activities. This report finds strong linkages with Zimbabwe and other Zimbabweans in the diaspora and an interest in return migration.
- Executive Summary
- General Overview
- Research Design and Main Characteristics of the Sample
- Qualifications and Skills Base on Arrival in South Africa and the United Kingdom
- Capacity Building or Skills Loss? Education and employment in the UK and South Africa
- Transnational and Diasporic Links
- Views about Participation in Development and Return Migration