Migration Initiatives 2019 - Migration governance: From commitments to actions
Migration Initiatives 2019 is the International Organization for Migration’s (IOM) annual publication detailing the Organization’s activities and outlook for the year to come. The publication is articulated around the Migration Governance Framework, which outlines the six essential principles and objectives for facilitating orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration through planned and well-managed migration policies. The year 2019 marks an important time for the Organization, as IOM has been called on by the UN Secretary-General to coordinate the UN Network on Migration, which will be responsible for coordinating the UN system’s support to Member States for the implementation of the Global Compact for Migration.
Migration Initiatives 2019 outlines key achievements and planned interventions that will take place over the course of 2019. The main document illustrates IOM’s ambitions and areas of engagement, as well as a summary of funding requirements, for the year to come, at the country and regional levels.
- Principle 1: Adhering to International Standards and Fulfilling Migrants’ Rights
- Principle 2: Using Evidence and Whole-Of government Approaches
- Principle 3: Good Migration Governance Relies on Strong Partnerships
- Objective 1: Advancing the Socioeconomic Well-Being of Migrants and Society
- Objective 2: Addressing the Mobility Dimensions of Crises
- Objective 3: Migration Should Take Place in a Safe, Orderly and Dignified Manner
- Stronger Organization