10 Oct 2017
Federated States of Micronesia: IOM Country Strategy 2017-2020
The objective of the IOM Federated States of Micronesia Country Strategy 2017–2020 is to provide a programmatic framework for addressing emerging issues and identifying priorities for action that will guide IOM’s response to the needs of the Government of the Federated States of Micronesia, migrants and other stakeholders. This country strategy aligns with the IOM Pacific Strategy and is set within IOM’s Migration Governence Framework (MiGOF). IOM’s strategic priorities identified in this strategy are:
• Strategic Priority 1: Migrants and communities in the Federated States of Micronesia benefit from migration as a sustainable development and climate change adaptation strategy.
• Strategic Priority 2: Displaced persons and affected communities in the Federated States of Micronesia are protected from and resilient to the impact of natural disasters and climate change.
• Strategic Priority 3: Migrants in the Federated States of Micronesia enjoy protection from human rights abuses and are able to migrate in a safe, orderly and dignified manner.
- Foreword by the Chief of Mission
- Executive summary
- Part I: Background
- International Organization for Migration
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Migration in the Federated States of Micronesia
- Displacement and natural hazards
- Part II: IOM’s Strategic priorities in the Pacific
- Strategic priorities
- IOM’s programming principles
- Annex 1: Migration and the sustainable development goals
- Annex 2: Migration in international legal frameworks
- Annex 3: Migration crisis operational framework