10 Ago 2018
The Republic of Palau IOM Country Strategy 2017 - 2020
The objective of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Republic of Palau Country Strategy 2017–2020 is to provide a programmatic framework for addressing emerging issues and identifying priorities for action that will guide IOM’s response to the needs of the Government of the Republic of Palau, migrants and other stakeholders. The Country Strategy aligns with the IOM Pacific Strategy, the IOM Regional Strategy for Asia and the Pacific, the IOM Migration Governance Framework (MiGOF) and the United Nations Pacific Strategy. IOM’s strategic priorities identified in this strategy are:
Strategic Priority 1: Migrants and communities throughout the Republic of Palau benefit from migration as a sustainable development and climate change adaptation strategy.
Strategic Priority 2: Displaced persons and affected communities in the Republic of Palau are protected from and resilient to the impact of natural disasters and climate change.
Strategic Priority 3: Migrants in the Republic of Palau enjoy protection from human rights abuses and are able to migrate in a safe, orderly, and dignified manner.
- Foreword by the Chief of Mission
- Executive summary
- Part I: Background
- International Organization for Migration
- The Republic of Palau
- Migration in the Republic of Palau
- Part II: IOM’s strategic priorities in the Pacific
- Strategic priorities
- IOM’s programming principles
- Annex 1: Migration and the sustainable development goals
- Annex 2: Migration in international legal frameworks
- Annex 3: Migration crisis operational framework