19 Oct 2015
International Dialogue on Migration No. 1 - 82nd Session of the Council, 27-29 November 2001
The fiftieth anniversary session of the IOM Council in November 2001 offered an opportunity for the international community to reflect upon five decades of migration management and to prepare for the new challenges posed by migration at the start of the twenty-first century.
Published by IOM's Migration Policy and Research Programme (MPRP), this volume reproduces texts of keynote speekers delivered by Ministers representing IOM Member States. It also contains the substance of discussions conducted by a panel of international experts concerning the future challenges of migration and proposes programmatic and diplomatic options for future activities to the Organization and its membership.
- Reflections on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of IOM
- Ministerial statements
- Migration challenges for the Twenty-First century
- Panel of experts
- Comment on the panel of experts
- Statement by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the human rights of migrants
- List of IOM Members and observers