05 Nov 2019
World Migration Report 2020
Since 2000, IOM has been producing world migration reports. The World Migration Report 2020, the tenth in the world migration report series, has been produced to contribute to increased understanding of migration throughout the world. This new edition presents key data and information on migration as well as thematic chapters on highly topical migration issues, and is structured to focus on two key contributions for readers: Part I: key information on migration and migrants (including migration-related statistics); and Part II: balanced, evidence-based analysis of complex and emerging migration issues.
This flagship World Migration Report has been produced in line with IOM’s Environment Policy and is available online only. Printed hard copies have not been made in order to reduce paper, printing and transportation impacts.
- Editorial, review and production team
- List of figures and tables
- List of appendices
- Part I: Data and information on migration and migrants
- PART II: Complex and emerging migration issues
- Chapter 5 – Reflections on migrants’ contributions in an era of increasing disruption and disinformation
- Chapter 6 – Migration, inclusion and social cohesion: Challenges, recent developments and opportunities
- Chapter 7 – Migration and health: Current issues, governance and knowledge gaps
- Chapter 8 – Children and unsafe migration
- Chapter 9 – Human mobility and adaptation to environmental change
- Chapter 10 – Migrants caught in crises: Contexts, responses and innovation
- Chapter 11 – Recent developments in the global governance of migration: An update to the World Migration Report 2018