This publication is a shortened version of the summary report “Mobility of Health Professionals: Health systems, work conditions, patterns of health workers’ mobility and implication for policy makers”, which was published in March 2012, in Bonn, Germany, by a consortium led by Dr. Caren Weilandt at the Wissenschaftliches Institut der Ärzte Deutschlands (WIAD, Scientific Institute of the Medical Association of German Doctors). The summary report was written by Frits Tjadens from Health and Social Care Associates, Caren Weilandt and Josef Eckert from WIAD, and the following organizations from the Mobility of Health Professionals (MoHProf) consortium:
• Centre of Migration Research of the University of Warsaw, Poland
• Institute of Health Policy and Development Studies of the University of the Philippines
• International Organization for Migration (IOM), Migration Health Division, Regional Office, Brussels
• International Hospital Federation, Geneva, Switzerland
• Medical University of Varna, Bulgaria
• Public Health Institute, California, United States of America
The publication provides an overview of the outcomes of the MoHProf project that aimed to gather more insights into the processes and effects of mobility of health professionals to, from and within the European Union (EU) and which was carried out under the 7th Framework Programme for Research and Development of the EU.