Number of Pages
Date of upload
01 Jun 2021
IOM Monitoring and Evaluation Guidelines: Chapter 1
Introduction to monitoring and evaluation
This chapter discusses the main concepts and benefits of M&E. It also focuses on the difference between monitoring and evaluation, and explains the strategic orientation at IOM.
To see the table of contents click on "Read More".
- List of abbreviations and acronyms
- 1.1. Overview
- 1.2. Results-based management commitment at IOM
- 1.2.1. What is results-based management?
- 1.2.2. Results-based management and monitoring and evaluation
- 1.3. The M in M&E: Understanding monitoring
- 1.3.1. What is monitoring?
- 1.3.2. Why monitor?
- 1.3.3. When to monitor?
- 1.4. The E in M&E: Understanding evaluation
- 1.4.1. What is evaluation?
- 1.4.2. Why evaluate?
- 1.4.3. When is it done?
- 1.5. Monitoring versus evaluation
- 1.6. Strategic orientation at IOM
- 1.6.1. IOM Strategic Vision
- 1.6.2. Migration Governance Framework
- 1.6.3. Sustainable Development Goals
- 1.6.4. United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework
- 1.6.5. Migration Crisis Operational Framework
- 1.6.6. Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration