Global Diasporas reacting to the COVID-19 crisis: Best Practices from the Field
This report brings together best practices of diasporas responding to the COVID-19 crisis in the African, American, Asian, and European regions.
iDiaspora was able to collect this information during three organized Global Diaspora Virtual Exchanges. It created a collaborative space where diaspora groups from around the world could share their best practices responding to the pandemic. Through these events, diasporas were able to showcase their work and enhance synergies with policymakers, practitioners and stakeholders involved in mainstreaming of migrant communities during the COVID-19 crisis. These initiatives demonstrate the capacity of diasporas to develop transnational interventions and their ability to respond to emergencies, in particular, with the use of digital platforms and technology.
- Participants of the Global Exchanges
- Global Exchange in English
- Global Exchange in French
- Global Exchange is Spanish
- Deployment of Diaspora skills
- Galvanizing synergies and partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Tapping into Diaspora philanthropy
- Social responses and advocacy efforts to protect diasporas
- Hostland and international initiatives supporting migrant communities
- General proposed follow up actions
- Diaspora engagement in the era of digitalization
- General conclusions
- Best practices identified