24 Sep 2015
Assessment of Labour Market Potential in Armenia (Armenian)
The study aims to assess the supply of the labour market in Armenia and the potential labour force Armenia can offer countries with a demand for workforce. To get the complete picture of the workforce potential, the qualifications of the potential migrants were explored, their length of experience in their professions were identified, as well as information was collected about their additionally obtained specializations with the availability or lack of a documented certificate. The study was initiated by the Armenian Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and the International Organization for Migration and conducted and report prepared by Future Makers NGO.
The assessment was conducted and publication prepared within the framework of the IOM Projects “Preventing Irregular Migration and Promoting Regular Migration in Armenia and Georgia” (funded by the Italian Government) and “Strengthening Evidence-Based Management of Labour Migration in Armenia” (funded by the European Union and the IOM Development Fund and implemented together with the International Center for Human Development).
- 1. The Goals and objectives of the survey
- 2. Survey findings according to the quantitative method
- 3. Profile of migrant workers in HHs
- 4. Employment of working-age members of HHs
- 5. Availability of work experience of the labour force
- 6. Labour migration
- 7. Potential for labour migration of HH members
- 8. Qualitative method (Focus groups)
- 9. Informal education and the causes for its occurrence in Armenia
- 10. Conclusions and recommendations
- List of acronyms
This publication has been issued without formal editing by the Publications Unit of IOM.