Description : Over the past ten years IOM’s experience in accompanying governments through programmes, initiatives, studies and numerous conferences concerning Migration for Development in Africa (MIDA) and similar initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific have demonstrated that migration can bring significant benefits for social and economic development.
In order to share the good practices and lessons learnt with a wider audience, such initiatives spanning across regions have been assessed in this study to enable their further development. The MIDA publication is hoped to provide a useful tool for governments and other stakeholders to build a more strategic and practical approach aimed at engaging diasporas and migrants in development efforts
Table of Contents :
Number of Pages :
- Selected acronyms and abbreviations
- Chapter I: Enhancing the contribution to development by diasporas and migrants: An evolving concept and its context
- Chapter II: Strategic approaches and key phases of MIDA and similar programmes
- Chapter III: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Chapter IV: New orientations in the field of Migration for Development
- Chapter V: Integrating Migration Into National and Regional Poverty Reduction and Development Plans
- Chapter VI: Observations and Recommendations
Your items will be shipped within 4 to 14 days (estimate) depending on the shipping method.
This product was added to our catalogue on Thursday 12 November, 2009.